Thursday, June 21, 2007

390 years in the making...

My coin, that I traded with Shawn for my water fountain looks really good for its age...
Check out these pictures that I took of the coin.
The coin is quite rare, being that it is from the wreck of the Nuresta Senora de Atocha.
It is a grade one, and has a partial date. This eight reale was assayed by Juan Munoz in Potosi Peru in the year 1617.
It sank with the Atocha in a fierce hurricane here off of Key West in 1622.
Less the 5% of the coins that are being found on the Atocha site show a date. The divers of the Mel Fisher museum are still finding treasure along the trail of the Atocha but have not found a coin of this caliber in quite some time.


This beauty could be yours....
Bring me your trade...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home